- The kitchen needs to be kept clean. All dishes must be washed, dried and put away immediately after use, and counters, stoves, braai and fridge must be cleaned.
- Leftovers must be stored in plastic containers that are available in the kitchen.
- Food is not allowed to be taken into the room or stored there.
- It is not allowed to take any items from the kitchen or they must be replaced.
- Recycling bins are to be used for paper, plastic and glass.
- Do not spill water on the floor. If the floor gets wet, dry it with a mop.
- If the drain is full of hair, clean it up with toilet paper.
- Do not jump into the pool or splash water.
- Visitors are not allowed in the pool without a permission.
- The pool closes down at 20:00.
- Animals are not to be fed at any time.
- Power outages may occur; Namibia is a developing country.
- In order to save electricity, switch off lights and electrical appliances such as notebooks, computers, tablets, sound systems, and the TV when you are not using them.
- Water is a valuable resource in Namibia and should be used as sparingly as possible. When washing hands, turn off the tap while soaping the hands. Do the same when brushing teeth.
- To get your clothes washed, collect them in a bag, tag your name on it, fill in the “laundry order” (available in the kitchen above the kettle), leave it at the reception desk, and pay the laundry fee to the management.
- One load of laundry (full or half) costs N$50,00.
- Washing by hand must be avoided as it wastes water.
- Long-term rentals need to be reserved beforehand. For confirming the reservation, you will be asked to pay a 1-month deposit. Then, six weeks before your arrival, you will need to pay the first month´s rent. From then on, the rent will be paid two weeks before the end of each month of your stay.
- Guests are liable for any damages caused, and should report them to the management without delay.
- Loss of room or house keys must be notified immediately to the management. A replacement key will be charged.
- All personal belongings must be kept in the rooms, clothes must be stored in the wardrobes, floors must be kept tidy, and dustbins emptied into the big rubbish bins outside.
- By the Namibian law, noise must be kept to a low level after 22:00 during the week (Sunday-Thursday) and after 24:00 on weekends (Friday-Saturday).
- For organising a party, braai or other event, a permission is needed.
- Visitors are not allowed to enter the house at any time, and must make use of the toilets outside.
- Visitors are not allowed to bring any drinks with them and they must leave by 22:00 during the week (Sunday-Thursday) and by 24:00 on weekends (Friday-Saturday).
Windhoek Hostels. Hostels in Windhoek, Namibia.